
Yup, the Philippine cast of Avenue Q is coming to Singapore and I'm watching again! Tickets are pricey but who cares. Husby was begging me not to drag him but too late, already bought tickets online. He will be less motivated to go because Rachel Alejandro (Lucy the Slut/Kate Monster) , his only favorite in the cast, was replaced by Carla Guevarra.
Anyway, reason for this short entry is because I'm listening to my I-pod at work and "It Sucks to be Me" came on and brightened my afternoon. I stayed up late last night and I'm really struggling to stay awake!
I also got reminded of the time we "almost" watched Avenue Q on Broadway but was so jetlagged we woke up at 10pm so we missed the entire run! We still went to the theater and came just in time the show ended and actually had the rare opportunity to meet the cast as they were walking out of the cast gate. I had a shot taken with Howie Michael Smith (Princeton) which was so cool for an Avenue Q fan like me. Sadly, the memory card got corrupted (together with all the other US pics taken from Husby's camera) and to this day, I'm not letting Husby forget about this, hahaha.
So excited to watch on Nov 1 at the Esplanade. My sister B will also be here in Singapore on that week to spend her birthday with us and she is ecstatic as well when I told her I already got us tickets (she didn't get to see the Manila run).
In the meantime, I am also able to get tickets to the rare Vienna Boys Choir one-day concert on Oct 17. While I'm not exactly a fan, I know it's a rare opportunity so I grabbed the chance. I don't think I can watch them ever in Austria!
Thank gad for Singapore COLA!!!! hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment