I'm already starting to shake off some of my sad thoughts and I guess slowly accepting reality that I am now here in Singapore, the land of the Merlion.
Since my blog theme is about seeing the good in this move, am trying to list good things which happened to me on my first week here :
1.) On board my SQ flight from Manila, I was served pork liempo with vinegar. It was divine for an airplane food.
2.) There was no immigration glitch nor excess baggage problems with my 2 huge suitcases.
3.) The serviced apartment in Grand Copthorne is heavenly. It opened up only last May and all the stuff are brand new. In fact, I'm the first occupant in the newly renovated room. It has hidden cabinets for kitchen, ref and washing area. Guest Manager who was thrilled with all my gushing sent over a basket of goodies for me to munch on through the night. There's even a lovely patio overlooking the hotel's tennis courts in the 5th floor.
And guess what this month's buffet theme in the hotel restaurant is? Filipino!!! Lechon, relleno, sinigang, kare kare here I come!!!
4.) Despite the space shortage in our regional office, I was assigned an office room complete with office supplies unimaginable. I even already have my new calling card!
5.) I was able to fill in my lonely nights last week with the company of Pinoy officemates. Three of us went and watched Sex and the City and I cried again (cause I already saw this in Manila) at the scene where Carrie threw the bouquet at Mr Big :) The following day, I bought the movie soundtrack and every Singapore dollar spent was well worth it.
6.) Had my much deserved foot spa and pedicure at a nearby mall (Great World City). The bill made me dizzy but the whole pampering made my day anyway.
7.) Been calling my Mom every night to check on her to see if she's still on her crying mode. Little by little I think she's feeling less melancholic like me.
8.) Husby got in on an earlier flight so instead of agonizing another week, he's here with me and everything seems to be fine now. He is my McDreamy. Seriously.
9.) Shipments from Manila all got released from Singapore Customs without a hitch and will be delivered tomorrow in our new flat at The Estiva. We visited this morning for the key turnover and landlord was gracious enough to even provide spare bulbs (plus of course a washer/dryer and a ref that is taller than me!)
I will not round this list to 10 and will leave this at 9 for now so that I'll be forced to think of more to make a better lemonade...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i also like that Sex in the City scene...and the confrontation scene between Charlotte and Big just before she gave birth.
aarrrgggh:
1. satc is showing here on...july 18!!
2. mauuna mo pang makukuha shipment mo than meeeeh!!!
SATC was super nice. I also watched in Singapore last weekend. July 24 pa dito sa KL eh. Anyway, it's great that you are adjusting well sa Singapore. Take care.
Post a Comment