Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Today, I'm grateful for ...

I have extended my bedtime ritual and tried to ask myself this morning when I woke up “what do I really really really want?”. It popped out from nowhere “ I want to work in Disney”. Maybe it’s because I feel I’m being forced to grow old in my new role in JJ and I’m losing my child like wonder.

Everyday, with a journal by my bedside, I will ask myself that question everytime soon as I wake up. I will answer it truthfully each day. Over time, I hope my honest answers will let it sort itself out.

Things I’m grateful for today :

1.) That I can work from home. Thanks to broadband and VPN token, I can check and respond to office emails. Thanks to my cozy house, I was able to work without distractions.

2.) Thanks for I-pod. I get to listen to all songs I like all day while working. I find it funny why some people categorize their playlists. For one, those songs were already pre-selected by me so there’s no chance it will play a song I don’t like. I put mine on Shuffle mode all the time. The randomness of the songs take me back either 10 years or just a year ago and with each song evoking a certain feeling and memory. Of the many songs I listened to today, Bamboo’s
Umagang Kay Ganda stood out the best for me. Love the arrangement, love the lyrics.

Halika na pumikit limutin ang problema
Hihintayin ang umaga
Magpahinga, panaginip ang ikaliligaya
Darating din ang umaga
Basta’t tayo’y magkasama
Laging mayroong umagang kay ganda
Pagsikat ng araw
May dalang liwanag
Sa ating pangarap, ooh
Haharapin natin

3.) Thanks to Husby’s books for it gives me a wider selection of stuff to read. You can tell from our bookshelf which are his and which are mine. Mine are largely contemporary, self-help (boohoo!), sappy drama/movie tie-ins, chick lit, some business and corporate books. His is a vast collection of books on horror, fantasy/medieval and classics. Last night, I picked up “Catcher In the Rye” by J.D. Salinger. Interesting read, very different from my feel-good books.

4.) Salted eggs and tomatoes. With leftover tapa. Hot white rice. Perfect lunch. Far cry from my usual cafeteria food.

5.) Walking hand in hand while walking with Husby in the park where we had dinner tonight.

1 comment:

Teejae said...

the first time i read catcher in the rye, i was in high school. i still love it.