Monday, August 4, 2008

Bedtime Ritual

The Daily Om today (www.dailyom.com) writes about the need for a bedtime ritual. It says nightime rituals hold for us a beautiful chance for self-appreciation and blessing. Before going to bed each night, one must send gratitude, compassion, and healing to the being one has been up to until that moment. This is one way to be consciously engaged in one's own evolution.

I think this can work for me. Husby usually works late and since I can't disturb him much from 10pm onwards, it's usually my "me-time" and I catch up on either my books, TV, DVDs ,work, facebook, blog. Perhaps I can squeeze daily, or should I say nightly, blog entries about things I'm grateful for. Lately, my memory's been quite poor so this should also be a good documentation of my life's blessings and delighters. I will try to skip writing about "usual things I'm forever grateful for" like God, family, friends, house, money, etc. Instead, will focus on something specific for the day. Here goes ...

Today, I'm grateful for :

1.) Friends and 30 Rock. Super funny shows which appeal to my kind of wit and humor. I can watch any episode over and over and never get tired of it - whether on DVD or Star World.

2.) Automated Expense Reports. Back in Manila, our secretary used to do all my expense reports but now that I'm here in SG, I'm on my own. And it's no longer done via Excel which I find too cumbersome. It was my first time to upload ERs in GXRS and quite relieved I won't have to do it again until next month as I've finished up declaring all my receipts for three months worth of business travel, including relocation expenses charged to the company. Organized, photocopied and sent out in sealed envelopes all original receipts! It's a bummer to do admin stuff but now that I finally rolled up my sleeve and did what used to be unthinkable for me is one heck of an achievement I'm proud of today.

3.) Husby's divine homemade tapa. With fried eggs on the side. Been burping since 8pm :)

4.) Project Murni presentation to APLT went by without a hitch. Glad to be part of something which is socially responsible and to be working with a team I genuinely like.

5.) My cabbie drivers today who were both so nice. I love it when a stranger bids you a warm goodbye.

Okay time now to sleep and rest. Tomorrow's another beautiful day.

No comments: