Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dreading the Next Two Weeks

Will be spending the next two weeks in Singapore again starting tomorrow -- one week for house hunting, the other week for series of meetings. And I'm dreading both.

We will do the tiring task of finding a place to live in in the next 3 years all over again because the previous flat owner didn't honor his word. And this time there is so much pressure because 1.) we're already set to move in June 1 and 2.) we've decided to bring ALL our stuff to have our current place rented out to earn money. So we will have to make sure our sofa, daybed, beds, dining set, everything fits smugly. There is no leaving Singapore until we find a flat. The next time we fly back on June 1, all should already be in place. TOUGH!!!

At work, news of my promotion will come out next week. I know there will be a few eyebrows raised and some will plot to make things even tougher for me. Sigh. And that's why I dread to show up in that week-long meeting as people will have expectations which is such a shame considering that they've been in those high positions long enough and have not even shown brilliance. They've not shown good examples for me to follow so I feel really on my own entering this really snooty "directorial" and "regional" world. Geez, that's really why they call it WORK, it's no fun at all. Imagine, I'm getting promoted and expatriated to a first world and I'm loathing it. Duh ...

On the family front though, everything is great. Once again, Husby and I managed to please both our families in one weekend. Saturday was spent treating my peeps to bowling and dinner while Sunday was spent having lunch with his. I gave my Mom an I-pod and loaded it with her favorite songs of yesteryears which I surprisingly all found in Limewire. She loved it! The real gift she said was not the I-pod but the time her career-driven, time-starved daughter took to search and load the songs. Sniff, sniff ...

The next few weeks will be tough I know. I will hang on and pray I make it through safely:)

No comments: