Thursday, May 15, 2008

Surviving But Not Progressing-lah

Surviving my first week so far. Saw another flat we loved on the first day of search -- comes with a zen fountain, a huge patio and entertainment system. And we lost it again to another bidder on our way back to the hotel for an additional S$500 a month. One thing I'm learning about this country is that money really talks - hindi uso ang palabra de honor dito! So off we go again to search but the trouble with this is that we've seen enough flats to know which ones suck and which ones are a steal. And we will no longer settle for usual, boxy flats. Sigh.

News of promotion got a bit delayed. Will come out next week instead of this week. The god of the gods have issues with the title. It's been made clear to me it's not the promotion he is questioning, in fact, his suggested title implies I head the entire Asia Pacific function. Which scared the bejeezus out of me and my boss! It's just too soon for me. Anyway, the god of the gods prevailed and my title now sounds so broad it scares me. The other god even insinuates reporting lines to me of the country-based folks. Kill me now!

I also lost an important family "heirloom" last Wednesday. It was handed down by my Grandma to my Mom and supposedly I will have to pass it on to my daughter. But I lost it. So unceremoniously. I can't even trace where I might have dropped it. Maybe it was designed that way so that I will have an easier time letting go. Still it pains me to have lost it. I'm just consoled by the thought that whoever picks it might have better use of it than me :(

Instead of viewing houses today, I'm being called to the office. Husby will do the viewing alone which thankfully he agreed to. For a control freak like me, I feel I'm being tested. I'm still not crazy so I guess I'm still passing the test.

Song on my head right now : Avenue Q's "For Now"

No comments: