Monday, May 26, 2008

Two Weeks-Lah

Highlights of Last Two Weeks :

1.) Found our Singapore flat. Finally. A three bedroom penthouse with three patios.

2.) Took the in-laws around Singapore. Glad they're genuinely happy about our move.

3.) Promotion announcement hasn't come out yet. True to our consensus-building office, it has to be aligned with everyone in the planet first. Will no longer bother following up. I have the promotion and that's what matters.

4.) Sat in very grueling & mentally draining first round strategy presentations for one week - ranging from face cream to shower gel to tampons to digestive health tablets! Truly appreciate the opportunity to sit in these meetings but it really takes a toll on my brain cells (which I think is decreasing talaga as I age!)

5.) Goddess Boss, once again, inspired me and made me realize why I need to take this job. Did her welcome and wrap up sheets which I truly don't mind doing. It's such a small thing I can do to help her in exchange for all the learning opportunities she's opening for me.

The hurly-burly of the move is slowly closing in. Movers are coming to assess the furnitures and appliances we're shipping and if all is set, it's sayonara Manila next Tuesday. Someone was keen on buying my RAV4 today and I can't help but feel sentimental. It is my first SUV and I really enjoyed driving it -- it's such a girly car. Will have to let it go already tomorrow as I don't have much time to look for more buyers.

Sometimes whirlwind is much better. I've delayed this move long enough. It's time to face the music.

4 comments:

Bertus said...

Glad to see you accepting...nay, embracing the change! :)

Teejae said...

don't forget to "enjoy" the experience.

Bing said...

Hi Lynette. Glad to have found your blog. Good luck with your relocation. I'm sure it's the right decision. Congrats!

Teejae said...

update! update! post pics naman of your flat. :D