Thursday, May 8, 2008

The best is yet to come. Believe it.

That's how my horoscope went on the newspaper I was reading on my way to Ho Chi Minh. Spent the weekend there to prepare for the Council of Gods meeting. It was exhausting but well worth the effort.

I presented to the Council -- a feat that is not given to many. It wasn't a threatening presentation, just an overview of Vietnam and the details of the immersion but it did pass my personal standards. I was happy with what I was able to accomplish. I was also told by the gods that I did an excellent job considering I was the youngest and the lowest of ranks inside that meeting - the proverbial "tawilis" in the corporate pond.

I also felt a genuine energy with the Vietnam team who helped me a lot with the legwork. I gave them the airtime they also wanted in exchange. There was also a silent understanding that I was the one who worked on the strategy deck presented by one of my many bosses and I'm content with that because the people that mattered knew it came from me.

My goddess boss also took time out to SMS me that I can sit in on those high level global discussions if I wanted to. A sure sign she's pleased with me.

Maybe my Singapore stint is really off to a good start, career wise.

Indeed the best is yet to come. And I believe it.

2 comments:

Bertus said...

Congrats! It just proves that your promotion was no fluke.

Teejae said...

have faith sistah! kaya mo yan!