Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Thoughts

Been feeling down lately and need to pull myself up.

Need to force myself to think happy thoughts or I'll go crazy.

So today, I'm grateful for :

1.) The summer rain. And the sound it makes as I type this blog. And the much needed cool it brings to this terribly humid place called Manila.

2.) The smell of home-cooked tocino my husband lovingly prepared tonight. And all the other meals he cooks for us. For the last five years. I feel so loved.

3.) The wisdom I find inside a book I read today. And the time I found to read a book finally from ignoring my laptop and not reading my work emails.

4.) Seeing my husband having a good time with his "guilty pleasures". Thank goodness he knows himself and what he wants. His strength rubs off on me.

5.) For the email I received from my childhood best friend telling me about her newborn baby. It reminded me of what's truly important.

I do have a lot more to be grateful for (including my shopping spree high today!). This is so liberating. Will have to do this more often.

2 comments:

Bertus said...

at bakit nawala ang lah? Is that a sign? hehe ;P

seriously, I'm beginning to learn that happiness doesn't just appear from nowhere; it's up to you to find it/make it happen :)

Teejae said...

Actually I've read somewhere that being happiness is:

50% Genetic = some people are more predisposed to be happy

10% (or was it 20%)= Environment= how you grow up, the ambiance/people you hang with

The final ingredient, which is 30-40% is PERSONAL CHOICE.

Since there is nothing we can do about our genetics, we just have to work on the other two levers. And bulk of it really is personal choice.